January 28, 2015

#OneLittleWord2015


ENDURANCE :
noun:
* The Ability to do something difficult for a long time
* The ability to deal with pain or suffering that continues for a long time
* The quality of continuing for a long time

Syn: abidance, ceaselessness, continuance, continuity, continuousness, durability, duration, continuation, persistence, subsistence.

Atm: cessation, close, discontinuance, discontinuity, end, ending, expiration, finish, stoppage, surcease, termination.


I decided at the beginnning of 2015 to pursue God and find out what word or phrase He might have for me this year. #OneLittleWord2015

I started praying, and really seeking God, asking Him what it was that he wanted me to focus on this year. After a few days, God revealed the word Endurance to me. At first, I thought that he was asking me to keep walking down the path that I've was currently on, but with the recent changes in my life, I knew that just couldn't be right. So i continued to pray, and ask God to clarify what it was that He was asking of me, so that I would be able to completly immerse myself in whatever it was that He was trying to teach me.

A few days of some pretty intense prayer, the conclusion that I came to, wasn't that God was asking me to continue walking the same path, but that He was asking me to be willing to trust him enough to endure whatever happens from here.

If you've learned anything about me thus far, it should be crystal clear that I have a major issue with trust. I've never really been able to trust anyone to the full extent, and certainly not men at any level.

After a failed marriage, several rather epicly disasterous relationships, and a torrentialy devestating on slaught of tears poured out over the years, I had thrown in the preverbial trust towel. I mean... if I couldn't trust those who said I love you, then who could I?

Fast forward to 2015... and you will find a Samantha who trusts God so much that my answer was yes Lord... lead me and I will follow you.

What i've seen up to this point, is that God has a plan and His plan is infinetly better then even my most elaborate creation. God has asked me to be willing to trust him enough to endure whatever Alice In Wonderlandesque, Big girl... small door.. no magic potion in site situation he has planned for me.

The next big adventure will come with it's hills and valley's, I'm going to get winded and want to quit, but I am trusting that as I keep putting one foot in front of the other, God will show up every step of the way.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there, It's great to hear from you. Thanks for stopping by and for leaving a message for me.