January 31, 2016

Three Weeks & My Mr.McDallas .....




Three weeks with anyone is a long time in Samantha-land.

I've spent the last three weeks, canoodling with the man who has my heart. It started in Texas, back to Missouri, and then back to Texas where I am currently writing from Starbucks at DFW Airport waiting for my plane to come pick me up and take me back to the Show-Me-State.

I don't like long road trips, but it took me a little over 12 hours to get to Mr.McDallas the first trip. I do not like flying, but it's taking a plane and every ounce of willpower in my body to leave my man and go back to Missouri.

I've never in my life gone to such drastic measures to make a man happy, or to be as servant hearted as I am with Mr.McDallas. If  5 years ago, I could have seen who I would be now and how i feel about my relationship, I would've laughed and called myself a sucker.  Somehow along this journey, I fell in love with a man who brings out the absolute best in me.

I know what you're thinking... Every new relationship starts out with sparks and mushy statements ending in grand promises. The truth is, that all relationships do start that way, but after a few weeks or if you're lucky maybe a few months things start to change. Things that were cute become annoying, those shows that you tolerated start to become a burden, and the willingness to sacrifice for your significant other goes to the wayside. Here's the catch, when you find the person that makes you genuinely happy, the sacrificial things that used to be such a huge deal aren't sacrificial at all anymore. This time it's different... The sparks aren't getting less intense, the mushy grand promises are real, and the man behind them is my very best friend.

My man loves talking about cars and I have ZERO interest in what pistons do, how many horses it would take to power the engine of a Pegassi Zentorno , or what Turbo Lag actually means, but I love listening to him talk about those things because he's passionate about them. I'm not much of a gamer and I get crazy motion sick sometimes while watching my man play GTA, but I would rather take a nap on the couch next to him while he's playing a game than be upset because he's choosing to place his attention somewhere other than on me. He likes scary movies and because I can't handle them, he doesn't expect me to watch them even though he likes to poke fun at me. I love being the woman who he allows to care for him, but the morning that he made breakfast for us spoke love and healing into my heart. It's not a sacrifice for me to watch his favorite Netflix shows, or listen to his preferred radio station in the car. It's my very favorite thing to see the smile that curls across his lips when he laughs, honestly i'm not sure there is anything that I wouldn't do if it would make my sweet man laugh.

After three continuous weeks of having Mr.McDallas by my side It hit me that each moment we were together, I fell further and further in love with him. We both had moments of being cranky, but the love we have for each other made it easy to apologize with the sincerest of hearts. I spent a lot of time watching him and paying attention to the small details of what life will be like in our future. I watched as he walked out of the grocery to his car, not just because he has a nice booty, but because I wanted to be able to recall the countenance of his steps when I miss him terribly. We spent a lot of time in the car going from place to place, but that gave me more opportunities to hear him sing a long with the songs he feels connected to. I got to share my love of breweries with him while we walked hand in hand through the Anheuser Busch brewery buildings and learned about the making of Budweiser. Three weeks  breaks down to, Twenty two days, Five hundred twenty-eight hours, Thirty one thousand six hundred eighty minutes , One million nine hundred thousand eight hundred seconds and not during any of those increments of time did I want to leave his side nor did I have any desire to be selfish.

I'm being very intentional in my relationship with Mr.McDallas. It's important to me that he knows how I feel about him, how very secure I am in our relationship, and how much I treasure ever morsel of time I have with him. I have found the man I belong with, the man who God created for me, and the man who I hope will become my husband.

                                                                Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there, It's great to hear from you. Thanks for stopping by and for leaving a message for me.