May 25, 2015

Guest Post: 5 Reasons Why Deployments Are Tough



5 REASONS WHY DEPLOYMENTS ARE TOUGH


My husband is deployed. For you non-military people, it means he's gone for months at a time. I won't lie: it's tough. Here are reasons why.



1. Things Break.


The car battery died. The truck battery died. Things stop working in the house. I've had to fix multiple toilets.


2. My daughter only wants her Daddy.




She's a total Daddy's Girl. She loves me, but she prefers her Daddy. She tells me this on multiple occasions. "You're a nice Mommy, but I need my Daddy. No offense." I've found her crying for her Daddy many times.


3. If I get sick, there's no one to help.


I hate when I fall ill when Tom is away. I have to force myself to move it along. I once fell asleep in the middle of reading a story to Natalie. I had an 102 temperature and the next thing I remember was Natalie poking my cheek and going, "Hello? How does this story end?" 


4. I have no one to talk to at night.

Yes, the kids are around, but I like to have adult conversations in the evening. Tom and I usually watch TV together and, you know, converse. I tend to talk to myself more when he's away. 


5. I worry.


Tom isn't exactly in a safe place. Anything can happen. I try not to think about it too much, but it's hard not to when you hear about all the craziness going on Over There. 


Still, when he goes, it means I have a Homecoming to look forward to. 


And that's always an amazing feeling.








3 comments:

  1. Thank you for allowing me to guest post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over here from Ambers blog! ;) saying hi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here from Amber's blog as well. Good post! I don't have kids, but can relate to the others!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there, It's great to hear from you. Thanks for stopping by and for leaving a message for me.