September 4, 2014

Does Anyone Else Have A Late Night Snack Stash .....

         Alright, let's get real for this particular post. I'm a night owl, and that means that when I am awake until three or four in the morning, I'm going to get hungry at some point during the late night hours. 
        
       I realize that most of you are probably asleep most of the night if not all of it, but I am not wired that way. I'm not a morning person, not even with a caffein jolt like the kind that comes in my venti, skinny, quad, no foam, carnel latte from Starbucks! I know what you're thinking... if I would just lighten up on the coffee then I would probably sleep better. WRONG, in fact I sleep worse if I stop drinking coffee too early during the day.
       
       What is your point Samantha? What I want to know is, do you have a snack stash? I don't mean the ones that go to work with you or into the kids backpacks for school. I mean something that is set aside, hidden from the rest of your house, just for you to enjoy? 

      I do, and right now it consists of  mostly junk food. I noticed lastnight while talking to a dear friend, that my late night snack stash has stopped being a stockpile of granola bars and trail mix, only now to consist of crackers and Hershey Milk Chocolate Bars. What in the world is going on here? I need some accountability..... Someone has got to do something about this! 

      I'll admit it, I have a sweet tooth! Give me chocolate or peanut butter anytime, and I'll have a hard time saying no. The majority of the time I'm a healthy eater. I don't eat a lot of sugar (Starbucks is technically drinking, so that sugar doesn't count ok!!!), I eat lean meats, I don't like the taste of salt so I very rarely cook with it let alone eat it,  I even use an organic oil to cook with!

     What am I going to do about this snacking issue? I need your help!

     I'm open to suggestions! Feel free to leave comments about your snack stashes, favorite recipes for snacks, or better ideas for my stash! I look forward to hearing from you! 


                                                                       Until next time, 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there, It's great to hear from you. Thanks for stopping by and for leaving a message for me.